1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Italicize and bold when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. Looking them up is cheating...
- "Not that I mind a slight case of abduction now and then, but I have tickets for the theater this evening, to a show I was looking forward to and I get, well, kind of *unreasonable* about things like that."
- "Who wants an orange whip? Orange whip? Orange whip? Three orange whips." Blues Brothers, guessed by meirionwen
- "Okay. But, I'm saying, it's like, I don't want to cram in sex or guns or car chases, you know... or characters, you know, learning profound life lessons or growing or coming to like each other or overcoming obstacles to succeed in the end, you know. I mean... The book isn't like that, and life isn't like that. You know, it just isn't. And... I feel very strongly about this."
- "I tried taking pictures, but they were so mediocre. I guess every girl goes through a photography phase. You know, horses... taking pictures of your feet." Lost in Translation, guessed by madame_urushiol
- "That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!" o_jenny guessed Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- "...and when there was no meat, we ate fowl and when there was no fowl, we ate crawdad and when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand." o_jenny guessed Raising Arizona
- "And that's how you play 'Get the Guests'." emperor_fool guessed Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
- "Look upon me! I'll show you the life of the mind! I'll show you the life of the mind! This is the life of the mind!" Barton Fink, guessed by madame_urushiol
- "I can tell you the license plate numbers of all six cars outside. I can tell you that our waitress is left-handed and the guy sitting up at the counter weighs two hundred fifteen pounds and knows how to handle himself. I know the best place to look for a gun is the cab of the gray truck outside, and at this altitude, I can run flat out for a half mile before my hands start shaking. Now why would I know that?" The Bourne Identity, guessed by o_jenny
- "Today's temperature's gonna rise up over 100 degrees, so there's a Jheri curl alert! That's right, Jheri curl alert. If you have a Jheri curl, stay in the house or you'll end up with a permanent black helmet on your head fuh-eva!"