1) What was the last movie you saw in a theater?
The Conformist. It had great visuals, but it was kind of silly.
2) What movie coming out are you most excited to see?
Volver. I know it's been out for a while, but it hasn't shown here yet.
3) What was the last movie you watched at home?
Pride & Prejudice, the Keira Knightley version.
4) What was the last movie that made you laugh out loud?
Little Miss Sunshine.
5) What was the last movie that made you cry?
I can't remember crying in the movies since my friend and I made a big scene in E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial. There may have been another movie since then that made me cry, but I can't remember it.
6) What movie was a favorite of the critics, but you didn’t think lived up to the hype?
The Aristocrats was OK, but it hardly changed my life the way the reviews led me to expect. 21 Grams was hyped pretty hard too, and to me it was a total unintentionally-funny embarrassment.
7) What movie did you think was better than the critics reviews?
I think I liked Pride & Prejudice more than I was supposed to, according to the critics or my better judgment.
8) What is your favorite animated movie?
I might have to say Lilo & Stitch.
9) Who was your favorite Disney villain?
I have to agree here with madame_urushiol: Maleficent gave me some of my first nightmares.
10) What is your favorite movie musical?
Blazing Saddles. "Iiiiiiiiii'm... tiewwed! Tiewwed of playing ze gaaame..."
11) What is your favorite romantic movie?
Lost in Translation. Not sure what that says about me. Now that I think of it, that movie might have made me cry. Tie Me Up, Tie Me Down (Átame) is a close runner-up. I'm really not sure what THAT says about me.
12) What is your favorite sci-fi movie?
Ahhh, let's see, how far can I stretch the definition of sci-fi? Does Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind count? OK, then how about Labyrinth? Sorry, it's really not my genre.
13) What is your favorite western?
14) What is your favorite action film?
The Bourne Identity.
15)What is your favorite horror movie?
I'm not crazy about horror movies, but I like Carrie a lot, possibly because my mother was a little like hers when I was growing up. She wasn't quite that insane or vicious, but she had her moments. She's much better now. I just think something about having a teenage daughter messed with her head.
16) What is your favorite John Hughes movie?
I guess I have to say Pretty in Pink.
17) What is your favorite comedy?
It would probably have to be Raising Arizona. "Son, you've got a panty on your head!"
18) What movie do you love that nobody else has heard of?
La caza (The Hunt), directed by Carlos Saura, 1966, is probably a little more obscure than Eréndira, 1983, based on a story by Gabriel García Márquez. A Moment of Innocence, directed by Mohsen Makhmalbaf, is right up there too. In English, I'd say How to Get Ahead in Advertising, from the late 1980's, starring Richard E. Grant, but that may have been better known in the UK than here.
19) What movie is considered a classic by everyone else that you’ve never gotten around to viewing?
I've never made the time for Schindler's List, and I'm in no hurry. I've never been able to get through Silence of the Lambs. But I can't wait to see Goodfellas.
20) Final Question. Since it is getting to that time of year, what is your favorite holiday movie?
Animated: How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Live-action: Bad Santa.